Bookmark this travel packing list because you’ll want to refer to it as your trip gets closer. It’ll serve as a tool to tell you exactly what to pack, whether you’re planning an international trip, a weekend vacation, or even a long-term round the world adventure. It will help you make sure you’ve thought of everything you might want to pack—those must-have items you need to enjoy your vacation and travel essentials that make your trip run more smoothly.
Not only that, but we’ll help you choose the right travel bag, and learn how to organize it so everything perfectly fits in your bag. Below is a list of gear and clear steps to take before every trip. Look no further—we have your ultimate packing list!
CHOOSE THE RIGHT TRAVEL BAG FOR YOUR TRIP
- Rolling Luggage: Wheels are nice. There’s no need to carry all your gear on your back or via a duffle bag if you know you’re going to be traveling in a city where there are paved roads and sidewalks. You may also want to consider a bag with off-road wheels, making them extra durable for trips even when there isn’t a smooth path.
- 4-Wheels: As you fill up your wheeled luggage, weight can become a bit restrictive—especially if you have to walk long distances. Consider 4-wheels to keep the weight off your wrist and effortlessly roll your bag by your side.
- Duffel Bag: These are simple, lightweight, and Eagle Creek’s duffel bags are crazy durable. Sling it over your shoulder, or put some wheels on it and get on your way. These are the most versatile travel solutions you can get, with everything from classic duffels to convertible backpacks, wheels, and more.
- Wheeled Backpack: If you’ll be going through different types of terrain, or switching from airports to cobblestones, having a bag with the option to roll it or carry it like a backpack or duffel is really handy.
- Travel Backpack: If you know you don’t want the extra weight of wheels, traveling with a classic travel pack is going to mean hands-free mobility and ultimate versatility.
- Carry-On: Whenever possible, travel with carry on luggage. It means you can save time at the airport, save on check-in fees, guarantee the airlines won’t lose your bag, have everything you need with you at all times, ensure you don’t have to wait at baggage claim…the list goes on and on.
ORGANIZE YOUR TRAVEL
f you plan to do lots of different types of activities on your vacation, you’ll have a fair amount of gear you need to pack into your suitcase. Keeping everything organized can be a challenge. One of the best things you can do when you’re packing for any trip—especially one that requires packing lots of layers—is to use packing organizers.
BASIC CLOTHING PACKING LIST:
- Phone charger / portable phone charger
- EU adapters
- Flip flops (for the hostel bathrooms)
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Medicines / painkillers
- Any paperwork you may need
GET MORE PACKING ADVICE!
Want to learn more about how to pack for a specific type of trip? We’ve got more packing advice from travel experts here